Monday, July 22, 2013

New Year's Resolutions Updates HA!

So here it is July.  Let's see how I am doing with my New Year Resolutions!



1) More eco-friendly.
Umm...we still have a ton of trash.  Part of that is because of the coop I started running.  When I get packages in they are wrapped with a ton of plastic.  Which then goes in my garbage.  When I print a shipping label, half of the piece of paper goes in the trash.  There is no setting to change that.  I've looked!
I have started using more cloth for the kitchen.  I made lots of washcloths to use and have put them in the drawer by the sink.  That way I reach for the cloths rather than paper towels.
The kids waste a lot of paper drawing.  I don't want to stop that because I know how creative both of them are and I don't want to hinder their creativity.  I'm going to have to find a more economic way to teach them to use scissors and markers.
I did buy a menstrual cup but have only worn it once.  It was really uncomfortable.  I was in real pain.  I think I'll just switch with the Softcup.  I did have once instance of the dog getting into the trash while we were out and chewed up Softcups were all over the house.  Not a pretty picture and it was kind of hard to explain to a three year old when she found one.

2) Reduce the stuff.
I think I have done fairly well with this.  I have gone through the linen closet, Harrison's room, and Abbie's room this summer and thrown away all of the junk toys they don't play with.  Harrison's room alone resulted in two bags of trash.  And he never missed any of it.  I even threw away a whole bucket of sea shells he had been collecting.  I plan on going through all of the stuff in our bedroom later this week and maybe the kitchen before school starts back.  We still have way too much stuff, but I really feel better about this one.

3) Keep up with laundry.
BWHAHAHAHAHA!  I'm a little better, but there is still a stack on the bed every night that I sleep with my feet under.  Don't tell anyone.  I have the rest of the house clean and a stack of laundry in my room behind closed doors.  Come on!  I can't do everything!

4) Live healthier.
BWHAHAHAHAHA!  These were hilarious!  Yeah, so at summer school everyday this summer, guess what I had for lunch!  A mountain dew and a bag of gummies.  But you know what.  They taste good.  And you know what else.  I was commenting on how a friend from college nine years ago had put on a little weight and my husband said to me, "I think you are the only person from college I know who has actually lost weight."  I think what I'm doing works for me.

5) Plan ahead.
That present for my father-in-law and step-mother-in-law is still sitting on the piano.  But no more surprise events.  I have been using that calendar on the fridge every day.  Our meal planning is going great.  I'm satisfied with my progress here!

6) Review one product every month and have a giveaway.
So I haven't done this.  I actually forgot about my blog until someone asked me the other day if I had done any more reviews on it.  DANG IT!  Well I do have something I want to share in a few days, so I'll work on that and I won't ruin the surprise!


So there you have it.  I'm not sure I'm doing that well on my resolutions, but it was kind of fun to look back at the ones I had made.

No comments:

Post a Comment